What books changed your life?
I've read many books in my life, but not all of them had an impact on my life. The following five, however, did:
- Zero Waste Home, by Bea Johnson. This book fueled my passion for the environment and its preservation. Ever since I read it, I've been trying to do my best to reduce my waste and my overall impact on the environment. This book should be read by everybody!
- The Man Who Wanted to Be Happy, by Laurent Gounelle. I read this book after my burnout, and it helped me so much! It brings you to reflect on your limiting beliefs and negative thoughts, the obstacles you think prevent you from achieving your goals and happiness, your fear of other people's opinions, and much more. I read this book almost every year, and it always teaches me something new. This is my all-time favorite book!
- The Bullet Journal Method, by Ryder Carroll. This book is much more than a user guide to bullet journaling. Of course, it explains the whole system and its different parts, and I highly recommend reading it if you want to start a BuJo. It'll help you start with solid foundations and keep using this method in the long term. But it also offers tips and tools to work and achieve your goals, and ultimately live your best life.
- The Power of When, Michael Breus. This book is great if you have, like me, trouble sleeping. But it’s also great if you don’t have sleeping problems because it gives a lot of useful tips to schedule your tasks to use your energy efficiently throughout the day. I’ve become much more productive since I read this book thanks to some minor adjustments!
- Atomic Habits, James Clear. This book is a gold mine of tips about habit formation and habits in general. Whether you’re looking to form healthier habits into your life or get rid of some less healthy ones, this book is a great place to start. And with the new year around the corner, this might be a great holiday reading to start 2021 on the right foot!
These five others also get an honorable mention:
- The Life You Were Born to Live, by Dan Millman
- Mindset: Changing The Way You think To Fulfil Your Potential, by Carol Dweck
- The Cemetery of Forgotten Books saga, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The following two are in French. Unfortunately, I haven't found their English version:
- Le philosophe qui n'était pas sage, by Laurent Gounelle
- L'homme qui marche, by Jean Béliveau
Are there any books that changed your life or had a positive impact on it? Please, share them in the comments, on Instagram, or on Facebook so we can have our lives changed as well!
I wish you a zenly organized day,